Different levels of care and rates are provided based on your case
- Standard fee for Licensed Psychologist care for an individual is $250 for initial appointment (50-60 minutes) and $225 for follow-up appointments (40-45 minutes)
- Standard follow-up fee for lengthy or frequent non-crisis calls or electronic contacts or appointments by electronic medium will apply
- Joint, couples or family services, when needed to help our individuals are $250 for the standard therapy hour (40-45 minutes)
- Fees for assessment/testing services are based on tests and reports needed for the individual case and can range from $225-$4000
- Consultation with other providers or professionals, copy fees and time, at-location observation, coaching, and feedback, and record reviews are typically $225 per hour
- Speaking engagements and consultation fees for services not provided at the office are dependent on time, travel, and the specific request
- Research, writing, or statistical consultant fees vary based on the service request and scope of the project
To hold your first appointment session, we collect your first session fee online or in person at the office prior to the appointment. Our office policy is to hold a credit card authorization at the office to assist with payments and ensure that therapy hour is paid for whether the client is able to attend or not in accordance with our cancelation policy.
KCPCS is a self-pay practice. This means payment is due at the time of scheduled services. You can pay by credit card online on the Make a Payment tab on this website or by check or cash in person or by mail. Other important information about collection of fees will be covered in your consent form at your first appointment and on the Notice of Privacy Policies available under the Helpful Forms Tab on this website.
We do not accept insurance coverage for payment, but will, at your request, provide you with a receipt so that you can complete paperwork to seek personal reimbursement by your insurance company(ies) or other third party payers. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is my condition or diagnosis(es) reimburseable?
- At what rate will I be reimbursed for an out-of-network provider?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Reduced fee services and payment plans are available on a very limited basis with pre-approval by your clinician.
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment. A valid credit card authorization on file is required. Pre-payment of first visit is required to hold appointment time.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 48 hours in advance, by the clinician's watch, you consent to be charged and are required to pay the charge for the full cost of the session ($250 or $225 dependent on service). Canceled appointments can often be filled by another client, in need, with the appropriate notice.
Request a therapy appointment here.
Questions? Please contact us for further information. Dr. Dunbar or client care specialist, Ms. Araceli or Ms. Diane will look forward to assisting you at 713.332.4390.